Most people enjoy the summer by spending time outdoors in the sun. A popular way to do this is by swimming in a pool.
In-ground pools are nice, but they can be expensive and require a lot of upkeep. An above-ground pool is a great alternative that is much more affordable and easier to maintain. This article will show you more proof of the advantages of an above-ground pool and tips on above-ground pool construction and maintenance.
Why Opt for an Above-Ground Pool
An above-ground pool is an excellent choice for many homeowners because it offers several advantages over an in-ground pool.
While the traditional above-ground pool is round, modern above-ground pools come in various designs: rectangular, elliptical, and even heart-shaped.
You can customize your above-ground pool further by building a deck and railing around it. This enhances not just the appearance of your pool but also its safety.
What’s more, above-ground pools are better options for households with children and pets. Because it’s elevated and going up steps or a ladder is required to enter the water, they’re less likely to fall into the pool accidentally.
Another advantage of an above-ground pool is that it is much more affordable than an in-ground pool. The initial cost of an above-ground pool is typically only a fraction of the cost of an in-ground pool.
Above-ground pools are much easier to install than in-ground pools. An above-ground pool can typically be installed in just a few hours by a team of experienced professionals. That is because it does not require any digging or complex groundwork.
By contrast, the installation process for an in-ground pool can take several days and often requires the input and expertise of specialized contractors. In-ground pools can be labor-intensive.
Finally, one of the essential advantages of an above-ground pool is that it is much easier to maintain than an in-ground pool.
Because they are not as deep or large, you can reach all areas without special equipment. You will also save money on chemicals and other maintenance costs.
Tips for Above-Ground Pool Construction
Now that you know more about the advantages of an above-ground pool, here are some tips for above-ground pool construction.
- Choose the right location with enough space for the pool and deck, the ground is level, and there is good drainage. Remove any grass or other vegetation from the area.
- Install the pool liner according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Be sure to smooth out any wrinkles or creases.
- Use a hose to fill the pool with water. Start at the shallow end and work your way up.
- Install the pool pump, filter, and steps according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Turn on the pump and filter to test that they are working correctly.
It’s that easy. Now you can enjoy your pool.
Tips for Above-Ground Pool Maintenance
To keep your pool looking great and functioning correctly, follow these tips for above-ground pool maintenance.
- Clean the pool liner with mild soap and a brush to remove dirt, algae, and other debris.
- Clean the pool filter according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Backwash the pool filter once a week to remove dirt and debris.
- Vacuum the pool regularly to remove dirt, leaves, and other debris.
- Test the water quality regularly using a water testing kit. Shock the pool weekly to kill bacteria and other microorganisms. That entails adding chemicals for water sanitation.
While the first four steps are easy for homeowners to do, shocking requires specialized knowledge because overuse of chemicals can cause skin rashes in pool users. It is best to get a professional service to regularly clean and shock your pool. That will ensure that your family can enjoy it safely for many years.
Weber Pools is a Certified Pool Operator in Dallas, TX that remodels, retrofits, repairs, maintains, and cleans pools. Talk to us today about your custom pool construction needs.