Did you know that the average cost of pool repairs in the United States can run up to $3,100? That’s a significant amount of money that could be better spent on enjoying your pool than fixing it.
To help you maintain your pool in excellent condition and avoid costly repairs, we’ve compiled a list of valuable tips that every pool owner should know. So grab a poolside chair, relax, and dive into these valuable tips!
Regular Maintenance is Key
Taking proactive steps to maintain your pool is the best way to prevent expensive repairs. Make sure to follow a regular maintenance routine that includes:
- Cleaning out debris and leaves regularly using a skimmer or net.
- Brushing the pool walls and tiles to prevent algae buildup.
- Vacuuming the pool floor to remove any dirt or sediment.
- Checking and balancing the pool’s chemical levels to keep the water clear and safe.
- Running the pool filter for the recommended amount of time daily keeps the water circulating and clean.
Protect Your Pool from the Elements
Harsh weather conditions can wreak havoc on your pool. Here are some tips to protect your pool from the elements:
- During winter, consider investing in a pool cover to keep leaves, debris, and snow out of the pool. It also protects your pool equipment from freezing temperatures.
- When intense storms or hurricanes are forecasted, securing outdoor furniture or any other loose objects that can damage your pool in high winds is essential.
- Trim trees close to your pool to prevent fallen branches from causing damage.
Be Mindful of the Water Level
Maintaining the correct water level in your pool is crucial to avoid costly repairs. Here’s what you need to keep in mind:
- Ensure the water level is sufficient to prevent straining the pool pump.
- Avoid overfilling the pool, as water overflow can damage the surrounding structures.
- Monitor the water level regularly and make adjustments as necessary.
Keep an Eye on Leaks
Even the smallest leak in your pool can result in substantial damage if not addressed promptly. Be vigilant for these warning signs that may indicate a leak:
- A sudden drop in the water level, which is not attributed to evaporation.
- Wet or soggy areas around the pool that are not caused by splashing.
- Unexplained increase in your water bill.
If you suspect a leak, contact a professional pool repair service immediately to prevent further damage and higher repair costs.
Invest in Quality Equipment
Choosing quality equipment from the start can save you money in the long run. While cheaper options may be tempting, they often lead to frequent breakdowns and repairs. Make sure to research and choose reputable brands with a proven track record of durability and reliability.
Get Quality Yet Affordable Pool Maintenance From Weber Pools
While these tips can prevent costly pool repairs, that doesn’t mean your pool will stay in perfect condition forever. Inevitably, pool repairs may become necessary, and it is crucial to promptly engage the services of a reliable pool maintenance company.
Weber Pools offer quality pool repair services at reasonable prices. We understand that access to affordable pool repair is necessary to prevent the problem from worsening. Our skilled technicians and pool cleaners will thoroughly assess your pool and recommend the most appropriate solution to benefit you in the long run.
Contact us today for cost-effective solutions to keep your pool functional all year round.